Friday, March 13, 2009

**Giggle**

That was so fun.

So, if you missed it (and I'm sure you did because no one I know watches ER with me anymore), it was awesome.

Only three episodes left, people!

Tonight we were treated to Carol Hathaway, Peter Benton, John Carter, and - wait for it... wait for it... - Doug Ross. Oh, yeah.

I was very impressed with George Clooney, because I wondered how well he could pull off Doug after all these years. He did it beautifully, as did the gorgeous Julianna Margulies pull off Carol. Benton ain't so hard, but admittedly Eriq La Salle played him to a T, as well. Then there's Carter... well, Noah Wyle has John Truman Carter III burned into his brain by now, I think!

So, Doug and Carol are married. I distinctly noticed wedding rings on their fingers. :)

Carter and Benton are so awesome together. I LOVE watching them. They have perfect platonic chemistry. And Benton totally saved Carter's life and that stupid surgeon's ass by following protocol, am I right?? ... Oh, wait, no one reading this saw it. Trust me, he did. ... Anyway, that was SO vintage Benton and Carter.

My husband noticed that the scene between Doug, Sam, and Neela appears to have been shot in two parts and edited together. I don't think the three of them were ever in the same room together. I guess Mighty George couldn't wrap his schedule around theirs... OR his appearance was still hush-hush and the actresses had to just deliver their lines with no questions asked. It's been done before.

Looks like we get one more night with Abby next week. That thrills me beyond words.

Oh, and I LOVE how Carol says to Doug at the end of the episode that the kidney went to "some doctor." If they only knew.

All in all, I am very satisfied. I think The Powers That Be have done a spectacular job with this final season. They have truly given it the respect and honor it deserves, as far as television shows go. I am proud to have been around for all of it.

Three more to go.

No comments: